Thursday 14 January 2016

Which season is best?

We have been discussing things that happen in a year:  seasons, holidays, special celebrations.  When we talked about the 4 seasons we focused on:  things we see, things we do, things we wear.  The students have had to sort clothing and activities into the appropriate season/time of year.  As part on an activity in their poem and song books, I asked each of them which season they prefer, summer or winter.  They had some good answers to support their preference.

I like eating popsicles in the summer.  Cameron
I like summer because we get to eat cold stuff.  Ella
I like to swim in the summer.  Kristian
I like running and playing tag in the summer. Adam
I like to go sledding in winter.  Guneet
I like spring and summer because they are warm.  Sebastian
I like summer because I like playing soccer.  Marcus
I like winter because I like shovelling.  Marko
I like swinging in the summer.  Karen
I like to make snow angels in the winter.  Adrijana
I like summer because it’s always sunny out.  Ethan
I like summer because I like swimming in Wasaga.  Elle
I love to make a snowman in the winter.  Nelly
I like wearing sunglasses in the summer.  Gabriel
I like making a snowman.  Madison
I like building a snowman.  Melissa
I like to walk around and feel the warm breeze.  Jacob
I like to walk around and smell the flowers.  Alana
I like making a snowman.  Arjun

I like snow.  Daniel
I like playing baseball in the summer.  Seth
I like eating ice cream in the summer.  Farzan
I like summer because the sun warms me up.  Teegan
I like winter because it has snowflakes.  Sophie
I like winter because I get to build snowmen.  Almir
I like wearing shorts and playing hot wheels outside.  Coleton

No comments:

Post a Comment